After The Hollywood Reporter reported that Doctor Strange reshoots have been scripted by Community showrunner Dan Harmon, Reddit user Bifrost51 has posted an image allegedly proving that villain Dormammu is the subject of one such rewritten scene. Bifrost51’s post describes the image of being a screenshot from Harmon’s Harmontown Podcast from San Diego Comic-Con International 2016, which implies that Harmon may have been working on those rewrites longer than previously thought. One moment from the Harmontown Podcast was an image from Harmon’s Final Draft file contents, one of which was titled “Strange Confronts Dormammu“.
Other scenes are titled:
- Kaecilius_01_Seduction_CH_0712 (referring to the character Kaecilius)
- Relic Room_floppy Whip Scene (referring to the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Infinity Stones, which connect Marvel Studios’ other films together)
- Opening Operation (referring to a scene at the beginning in-which Doctor Strange is operating on a patient)
- FIRST Ritual DH pass C627-2, FIRST Ritual DH 02, SECOND Ritual CH 0627, FIRST Ritual CH pass and SECOND Ritual CH 02 (possibly scenes in-which Strange uses his mystic powers)
- Mirror Realms Explanation_rendered_01 (likely to be a version of a scene from the Doctor Strange trailer set in a mirror realm)
- New church 2 DH 01 and New church 2 scenes(a) (which are likely to tonally relevant)
This episode of the Harmontown Podcast has been removed since the report of Harmon’s redraft work, but was retained by a fan, who’s now posted this image online.
Doctor Strange stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange, who debuted in Strange Tales (1951) #110. Doctor Strange is written by Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill, with redrafts from Dan Harmon. Doctor Strange opens in New Zealand on 20th October 2016. Stephen Strange’s next comic appearance will be in Doctor Strange (2015) #11 on 31st August 2016.