Last week, A Geeky Gal was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Libarah! They are a new follower here on the blog, and their blog is all about cooking. They must be doing something right as they have been racking up their own blogging awards lately and raking in new followers! Thanks again Liba for […]
Megan // A Geeky Gal nominated me for this in October and I’ve finally got around to it. The idea is to tag others in order to share blogs that we think are worth reading.
- Acknowledge the blogger who tagged you and link back to their post.
- Give a summary of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for any new bloggers.
- Tag at least 15 other bloggers.
The story of why I started blogging isn’t a very dramatic one. I’d been watching John Campea on YouTube for some time when he put up a video answering his frequently-asked-questions about getting starting with blogging and online video. He highlighted WordPress as one option, and I thought, “What the hell?” That also makes him responsible for all the different communities I’ve become a part of as a result of creating a WordPress account.
And having been blogging for so long has actually provided me with enough experience to be able to give advice to new bloggers. I wouldn’t have been able to do this so long ago:
- Don’t overthink it. Nothing should be overthought, because then you’ll convince yourself not to do it. Just think about it a bit but not too much. You’ve no idea what’ll happen, so do at least something. If you scrolled down my blog all the way to the end, you’ll see it consistently changing its identity, but what’s wrong with that? That’s life. I think it’s good for posterity because it shows me growing as a person. You can only connect the dots looking backwards, so start blotting them.
- Make it your second nature. If you write a little bit each day, then you’ll develop a habit that will become something more. It can seem overwhelming at times, but if you make it something that you’re doing regularly, you’ll stop noticing how difficult it is.
- Joan Alba Maldonado
- Chris Durston the Sometimes Vaguely Philosophical Mage
- Stev3 L the Techie Mage
- Anna Reel
- Christopher Lee
- SAM FODEN
- Winst0lf – The Bizzaro Mage